Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Banana Nut Muffin Mini's




These gorgeous little treats were made out of the excellent Gluten-Free Baking Classics, by Annalise G. Roberts (page #27). One of my favorite things about this particular recipe is that the sugar is like an eighth of any other Banana Bread/Muffin recipe I have ever come across. They aren't suggary, they're just perfect.

I keep them around to eat about 10 minutes before a run, bike or swim workout. I find that they are very sustaining for a workout, yet don't bog me down or make me cramp up.

The base flour is a Brown Rice Flour (mix includes both Tapioca and Potato Starches).

The only thing I altered was changing 1 C. Bananas to 2 C. It makes them more moist (not gooey at all though). An additional tip would be to not let them cool too long in the pan or they will stick really bad (yes, I greased the pan). Remove after 5-10 minutes of cooling. Keep in mind, I also have a convection oven, My mom and I have noticed a big difference in how our baked goods react to our ovens, hers being a more standard oven.

Just about all the recipes in this book are excellent. Annalise makes it easy by providing some simple base flour mixes that you prep and keep available for your baking. This method  makes it consistent for making any recipe out of this book. Hopefully we'll have an excuse to make the Chocolate Fudge cake soon. Talk about to die for!

No comments: